Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas pictures

So I took the kids to get Christmas pictures taken, and boy was that an experience.

First, I got the kids these super cute matchy outfits from Babies R Us during Black Friday, so I was hoping to get some really cute pictures of them together.  Well it totally didnt work out.  Blake couldnt hold Adalynn up right, and Adalynn cried the majority of the time, so the only picture I got of them together was one of Adalynn laying down crying and Blake looking at her sweetly.  I almost ordered it with the caption Naughty and Nice. :)

So we decided to do most of the pictures seperately.  Blake took some really cute ones and he looked very handsome and soo grown up in his pictures.  Adalynn took a few cute ones in her dress, but the best pictures we got of her were in her diaper with her christmas bow and headband.  She is such a hippy baby never wanting to wear clothes.  :)  I ordered A LOT of pictures so I am glad they turned out cute.

Now for the ordeal that drove me to pull my hair out.  We first went to get the pictures taken Monday.  Blake did fairly good and for the most part cooperated (yea Blake!).  Adalynn didnt want to do anything Monday she mostly cried, so the photographer suggested we come back later that day after she was in a better mood.  Come to find out her lunch started at 2 and she didnt want to miss it and that was why she really wanted us to come back later, but whatever.  So I waited for Jeff to get home to help me with the kids when we returned Monday.  Well apparently someone else had done pictures and they took FOREVER looking and ordering pictures.  So we sat there for a hour and a half before she even got back to us.  When we finally started again doing pictures Adalynn started crying once more, definitely not a big fan of the camera, and then Blake comes up to us and tells me he is wet.  Pants are totally soaked, so I just told the photographer we would have to come back tomorrow.

So day 2 (today) went better.  Adalynn still didnt want to cooperate.  If we had her lay down she tried to sit up and if we had her sit up she laid down, but after I saw taking a picture in her cute little dress looked like a lost cause I decided to let my hippy baby be free from her clothes and that made all the difference.  She was just smiling and hamming it up for the camera.  So most of her christmas pictures are without her adorable dress.  I guess this is my punishment because when I was little my mom always wanted to dress me up in cutesy clothes and all I wanted to wear was jeans and t-shirts (still do) so I am now blessed with a daughter who doesnt want to wear any clothes!!! :)  Oh well she is still cute clothes or no clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment