Friday, November 11, 2011

3:40 the new 8:00

well here I sit blogging because Adalynn decided that it would be fun to get up at 3:40 am and not go back to sleep.  I have to admit though this is not the norm so I cant complain to much.  Usually I feed her around 9:00 pm and she goes 6 hrs before her next feeding, but last night she was up every 4.

If this had happened when Blake was little I wouldnt have worried too much, because I would just sleep when he did and didnt have to worry about taking care of another kiddo, but now that isnt really an option, so whenever Blake decides to get up will be the start of my day.  Thankfully, he usually doesnt get up until 8 or 9 so maybe I can get in a few ZZZs now that Adalynn seems to have FINALLY gone to sleep.

On a side note, Jeff, Blake, Adalynn, and I all went to dinner last night because I had a rough day, and I have to brag that it was a very good experience.  I think 2 things helped with his restuarant behavior.  1) We let him bring his leappad so he could watch and play games which kept him entertained and 2) I told him I was putting the wooden spoon in the diaper bag and if he didnt behave I would take him to the bathroom and use it, well he didnt like that idea at all (thanks mom, for the idea).  So Jeff and I had quite a pleasant dining experience, which is very rare because normally, he screams and tries to run all over the place.  I also finished my second book, the strong willed child, and it gave some good parenting tips and ideas on how to deal with this personality, highly recommend it.  I will be starting my third book today, Dare to discipline, and I am thinking we have had soo much success with Blake with just the first 2 books, by the time I read and apply these new techniques I might not have anythng to blog about, which would be fine with me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment