Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday

Well, we had a great Thanksgiving holiday.  It was nice to see the family and get to visit with everyone.  We went up to Kansas City for the holiday and since they have stores we dont have in Arkansas we went shopping on black friday.

We first hit Dick's sporting good store and we werent in there for 5 minutes before Blake threw a fit because he didnt want to come with me and look around.  So I left the store went back to the car and he got a visit from Mr. Wooden spoon. I have to say though after that he was much better.  Unfortunately we didnt even find anything at that store to get.

Next, we went to Old Navy and got Blake some Christmas shirts, a hat, and a coat for next yr.  I also found a cute KC chiefs shirt that matched one of Jeff's and Adalynn's.  We tried to find one for Blake too, but had no luck, but I do plan on getting a picture of all 3 of us in our matching Chiefs shirts.

We then went to Babies R Us and found the cutest outfits for Adalynn.  One is her Christmas day outfit, so I am not going to go into too much detail what it looks like because I want it to be a surprise, and then I got some matchy outfits for Adalynn and Blake for their Christmas photo ( which I think will turn out just super cute), but I just couldnt resist and got her a cheerleading KC chiefs outfit. I am going to put her in it tomorrow for the game.  :)

I also had my first scare of losing my child in a store.  I had my back turned and Blake was just a few feet away from me looking at something and then next thing I know he is no where to be found.  I have never been soo scared and worried in my life.  I ran all over the store looking for him, and thankful I found him towards the front of the store.  When I found him I just put my arms around him and hugged him soo tight after harshly explaining to him how scared he made mommy and that he needs to stay by my side at all times when we are out in public.  I think it scared him too because when he saw me he said, "Mommy, I was just looking for you."  I dont know what I would of done if something would of happened to him.  Thankfully he was ok though.  But it was definitely my first scary moment with him.

All in all though it was a nice trip, but I am Thankful to be home.  Now it is time to start all the Christmas madness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment