Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Slumber Party

So tonight I thought it would be fun to have a slumber party with the kids.  Jeff was having to work a late night so I decided to let Blake sleep with me and we would watch UP.  Well, what a mistake that turned out to be. 

Adalynn went to sleep pretty quickly, but Blake constantly talked and jumped around on my bed.  I gave him warning after warning.  I told him if he didnt stop jumping around and talking then he would have to go back to his room.  Well, I guess he didnt believe me (maybe because I gave him like 20 warnings) but right now he is in his room crying and pounding on the door.  I have never seen a child that constantly pushes the limits as much as he does.  Of course, I do blame myself for this because I constantly will just give him warnings and then not follow through with the punishment.  I am however, getting better at this because I dont want my child to be a brat that all the neighbors talk about.

One of my biggest concerns with Blake is his lack of obeying rules.  When I tell him not to do something he just laughs and does it anyway.  Then it just makes me more mad and I end up losing my patience with him.  I want my son to be well-behaved, but sometimes I literally feel like I am going to pull my hair out with him.

So Jeff and I are doing some tough love with Blake, and it has been hard, but we are making progress.  Blake use to get mad and hit me and the pass few times he has controlled himself and not hit me when he got upset because he knows he will get sent to his room and a toy will be taken away.  I couldnt help but feel like it was finally sinking in with him when I saw this reaction from him the other day.

I know when it comes to being a parent that it is not all lollipops and gum drops, but I do have to admit I am ready for some happier days with Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment