Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Joys of Adalynn

I must admit when I found out I was having a girl I was very nervous.  For one, my husband had me convinced he only produced boys.  So I always had it in my head that I would have 2 rowdy boys. Also, for as long as I can remember I have always just clicked better with little boys.  In my classes that I taught it was usually the little boys that I liked best. So my biggest concern when I was told that I was pregnant with a girl was that I wouldnt be as good of a mom to her as I am to Blake.

However, since I have now been a mom to a little girl for nearly 2 months now I must say that all my fears and concerns were literally just crazy.  She is absolute joy and I cant imagine my life without my precious princess.  I feel like I am just as good of a mom to her as I am to Blake, and actually I feel like I am actually better because poor Blake being my first has basically been my guinea pig.

Adalynn is a very mellow baby for the most part.  She basically only cries when she needs something.  She loves being held and talked too, but she is fine with just being in her swing or playing on her activity mat.

She smiles all the time.  She loves when Blake talks to her and lights up when he is around her.  I love seeing both of them being soo fond of each other already because I was afraid he would be super jealous of her, but he is the best big brother.  I know when she starts high school I am going to have a great spy on my team to make sure his sister is making good choices.  :)

So I could not be happier that God blessed me with a little girl.  I know God gives you what you need and I definitely needed Adalynn.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment