Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Swaddling Night 1

Last night was our first full night of not being swaddled! I was nervous about it, and even told Jeff he might want to sleep in the living room since I anticipated a rough night.  I have to say though she did really well.

I replaced her miracle blanket with a cuddly fleece sleep sack, and I do believe it took her longer to get to sleep, but her sleep pattern didnt seem to change too much.  I guess the biggest difference was she would stir a little more while she was sleeping, but as soon as I would find her paci and plop it back in her mouth she would continue to snooze away.  I have learned though she will go to sleep a little faster if I hold her arms close to her body while I rock with her.  So night one was a success, one of my fellow bloggers has two precious babies who are just a few days older than Adalynn and she made the comment that it takes about 3 nights for babies to get use to not being swaddled, so 1 down and 2 to go! :)

On another note, potty training with Blake is still going slow, but we seem to be making some progress.  I have decided though that I am only going to put him in pull ups on long trips and at bedtime.  I am just going to start bringing him extra clothes if he has accidents while we are out and about, but I think him being in pull ups some of the time and regular underwear other times might be too inconsist for him.  So we will see how it goes, but I cant wait for the day that I can announce that Blake is fully potty trained!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment