Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mommy Time!!!

I love being a stay at home mom.  I love being the one that spends the majority of my time with my kids rather than a daycare, but I must admit I love when I get some time to myself too.

Yesterday was a rough day, the batteries in Adalynn's swing went dead and Jeff took the screwdriver to work with him so I had to wait until he got home to change the batteries in it, and Adalynn did not want to sleep for more than 45 mins without her swing working.  So I was dealing with an over tired baby who just wanted to be held all day long.

Blake was having issues too yesterday, Not sure why, maybe he just got up on the wrong side of the bed, but if I said the sky was blue he would say it was green.  He wanted to argue about everything and if I asked him to do anything it was a battle.

So right now I sit here with Adalynn sleeping in a working swing and Blake still snoozing away in his bed.  I got to eat breakfast at a nice pace, I got to watch all my DVR wednesday night shows without interruptions, and I figured out how many picture frames we need to buy for all our new Christmas photos that came in yesterday.  I woke up with a headache, and since I have had such a nice calm morning it has disappeared without medication.  I am even thinking I might do some Zumba here in a minute (might be pushing my luck though).

As a mom we sometimes forget about how important it is to take time for ourselves.  We give soo much to our children and husbands that we need to remember that we are only human and can only do soo much too.  I think every mom should try to take at least an hour every day to do something just for you, (I personally like my zumba game).  This will allow us to recharge and really be there for our families.  As the old saying goes if Momma aint happy, then nobody is happy.  :)  Take care of yourself so you can be the amazing mom that you are! 

Have a Wonderful Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment