Monday, December 5, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I have to admit I LOVE this time of the year, it is by far my favorite. I love the cold weather, I love the decorations, I love giving gifts (and receiving :) ) I love getting to spend a few days with my family, and I love all the holiday food.

There are a few things though that I truly enjoy about Christmas besides it being Jesus's birthday of course.  I love being around my wacky family.  Let me give you a glimpse in the wonderful craziness of my family Christmas experience.

My mother has always been the Martha Stewart type of person (sometimes I wonder how I am her daughter since I got none of her crafting skills) and she has really pretty and cute Christmas decorations.  Well, my siblings have always gotten a kick out of rearranging some of her Christmas decor.  For instance, she has this big stuffed Santa that has mysteriously landed in some weird places around her house at Christmas time.  We have found Santa on the toilet, hanging outside in the upstairs window, and I am sure he has been other places, but I cant think of right now.  I have to say I am never in on the Santa gag, but I enjoy watching my siblings come up with new ways to display Santa.

A few years ago, my mom got 2 giant snowmen that she used to decorate during Mistletoe Fair and I personally found them a little creepy and after a few years ago I will never look at them the same again.  My brother and sister decided to place the 2 snowmen in the kitchen with one laying on the table with a lettuce knife through its back and the other I guess was the murderer.  Then my brother played some creepy music that was on a loop.  I woke up and I must say it totally freaked me out to see a snowman homicide in my mom's kitchen.  But this is the sick crazy Christmas traditions that I have grown to love and have come to expect when I go and visit.  Every Christmas I think there is no way they can top last year and some how they do.

My mom likes to act like she is annoyed by my brother and sister's antics, but I secretly believe that she has come to enjoy them too.  I mean what kind of family do I have that gets a kick out of murdering snowmen and an inappropriate Santa.  I really do love this time of year! I cant wait to see what they come up with this year.  Since both my siblings are married now they have 4 evil minds to come up with something great! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment