Friday, December 16, 2011

Sleep is now just a memory!

I know that when you have a new baby sleep is something you just dont get enough of, but I have to say I am not very nice when I dont get my recommend amount of sleep.

I honestly cant remember the last good night of sleep, if I had to guess it was probably sometime during the 2nd trimester because when you hit that 3rd trimester you are soo big you cant get comfortable, and when you are finally not a whale anymore you have a crying newborn who is up every hour or so.  So it is safe to say that I havent slept well since June.

Adalynn has decided for the past week or so that it would be a fun game to play with mommy and have me up about every 2 hours.  Sometimes she is hungry and once she is fed she will go right back to sleep (love when this happens), but other times she wants to just chat.  As much as I love the fact that she is a little chatter box it isnt soo much fun at 2 or 4 in the morning. 

Last night she was up at midnight and then around 2 or 3 (cant remember now) and then up again at 4:30 to have a friendly chat about what she planned on doing today.  So trying not to have her wake her daddy up we went into the living room to continue our chat, in hopes she would fall asleep in her swing, and I could sleep some more.  Well about 4:45 she decided she was done chatting and now wanted to be fed.  So I fed her, and she fell asleep sometime after 5.  I had just dozed off when I hear Jeff start to get up and get ready for work and as he was leaving at around 6:30 Adalynn decides again that it is time to wake up.  She isnt hungry just not wanting to sleep so she plays around a little bit and around 7ish she falls back asleep. woohoo, just as I was about to get back to sleep myself Blake decides he is ready to get up and start his day,,so much for my nap.  I guess that is just another sacrifice parents have to deal with once little ones are in the picture.  I am in need of some caffeine! :)

Have a wonderful friday and weekend May you all sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment