Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Transition

As many of you know adalynn has been sleeping in her carseat since the day we brought her home. Well I figured she is now old enough to sleep in her own crib and decided to start working with her to move from the carseat to the crib. Well let me tell you how well that is going (sarcastic tone).

Last night I started the crib process at 8pm, and I would rock her and get her to sleep and slowly and quietly move her to her crib. Then as soon as her back hit those sheets it was like an alarm went off with screaming, crying, and limbs flailing. So I would pick her up and start the whole process over again. This went on for about two hours when I finally gave up for the night and decided we would sleep in the living room, me on the couch and miss priss in the swing. This of course could not be easy either, and it took about an hour before she went to sleep in her swing.

So I finally get her to sleep and I finally got to sleep and then no less than a hour later she wakes up crying once again, so the whole process begins again and it continues to go on like this every hour until about six in the morning. Finally at six my husband gets ready for work and we move back to the bed where adalynn sleeps from 6 to 9:30. However, Blake doesn't sleep that long so I got to sleep until 8:30 and then Blake let's me know he is ready to get up.

So now on to today I decided to make adalynn sleep in the crib for naps, and it didn't go any better today, so she slept a totally of 30 mins in her crib and that was it for the entire day, so my only hope is that she will be so tired that she won't have the energy to be up all night tonight. I am going to try to be strong though and keep insisting that she sleep iher crib during the day and hopefully that will lead to sleeping in the crib at night. Anyone have any suggestions to get a baby to sleep in a crib or sleeping through the night? I'm afraid if I don't get more sleep soon I might just lose my mind :)

Have a peaceful night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment