Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Disney world

Well if you are friends with me on Facebook then you already know that we are taking the kids to Disney world in June. I am so excited because this was something Jeff and I really wanted to do last year with Blake, but I was fat and pregnant and really just wasnt logical at the time. So my whole family is planning on going too so it will really be a fun experience. My parents took us kids to Disney world a lot growing up and I am hoping to share the same experience with my kids.
Now my concerns, I have never traveled in a plane with either one of my babies. I'm hoping if I can just keep a portable DVD player going on the flight Blake will probably be ok. Adalynn will be considered a lap baby so I'm hoping she will just nurse and fall asleep(wishful thinking). Blake doesnt sit still for very long, so I figure he will probably be more of my challenge than adalynn will. Anyone have any tips for making air travel go smoother with little ones?
I have read several helpful tips about saving money in the theme parks so I do think we are going to bring our own stroller, but now I need to find a good lightweight one that would be easy to travel with. I would like to find one that will recline so adalynn can sleep in it when she gets tired. Also did you know that all 4 Disney parks have baby care centers? You can buy baby necessities,nurse, rest, spoon feed, pretty much whatever you need to do for your little one can be done here. I can't tell you how excited I was when I found this out. Not a big fan of nursing in public and at least now I have a nice baby friendly spot to do it in. If anyone out there has any insight to make traveling with the little ones easier in the park too please feel free to share! :)

Some things I want Blake to get to do at the parks.

1 journey into imagination starring figment the dragon, one of my favorite rides as a child
2 anything toy story or cars since these are his favorite Disney movies.
3 the dumbo ride and anything with Mickey mouse
4 Peter pan and it's a small world because they are classic rides every kid needs to go on.
5 pirates of the carribean because again it is a classic must see.
6 just about everything in animal kingdom since he loves animals
7 I'm on the fence about the haunted mansion, but I liked it when I was his age so it is still up in the air.
Anyway there is so much I want to do with him, but probably wont get to do it all in this trip.
Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment