Monday, February 27, 2012

Adalynn is 6 months old

Time has just flown by and my precious angel is six months old. I can't believe in only 6 short months she will be one!

Milestones reached

Rolling over
Babbling
Transferring object from one hand to another.

Emerging skills
Pushing up on arms
Sitting up without support

Things adalynn loves

Playmat
Exersaucer
Rice cereal
Chewing on her feet
Talking
Playing with her bubba (Blake)

Things adalynn doesn't like

Crib
Swing
Being without mommy
Sleeping
Shots

Adalynn had her 6 month check up on Friday she was nearly 14 lbs and was in the 10% for weight. She was still in the 50% for height and 75% for head circumference. So I have a small,average, big headed baby! :)

We have started to incorporate solids into her diet and she has taken to it like a champ. She grabs the spoon and shoves the food into her mouth. It is the cutest thing. I plan on feeding her baby foods twice a day and work up to 3x a day. Right now all we have tried is the rice cereal, but we will be starting vegetables next week I think.

We are still having sleep issues. She barely naps during the day and still wakes up every 3 or4 hours at night. I am trying a sleep method I used with Blake, and had a lot of success, but so far adalynn has proved to be more stubborn. I'm thinking this week I'm just going to rip off the band aid and force her into her crib. This was actually how I finally got Blake into his crib and out of his hammock. So wish me luck!

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment